This week I had the chance to meet with Harry to double-check on some logistics and check out gears. It looks like Harry is ready to roll with all he’s taking with him to Europe. I have yet to sort my gearing out. I’m still going through turn-by-turn directions for the rest of our trip (If you want to know exactly how I do it, check out our last blog post). I was able to map another 300+ miles this week and all in Germany. See our dates and itinerary continued from last week.
Markelfingen to Regensburg
- April 19, 2015 – Markelfingen to Donaueschingen
- April 20, 2015 – REST DAY at Donaueschingen, the beginning of the Danube River
- April 21, 2015 – Donaueschingen to Sigmaringen
- April 22, 2015 – Sigmaringen to Ehingen
- April 23, 2015 – Ehingen to Gunzburg
- April 24, 2015 – Gunburg to Konigsbrunn
- April 25, 2015 – Konigsbrunn to Munich
- April 26, 2015 – REST DAY at Munich
- April 27, 2015 – Munich to Hasselfurth
- April 28, 2015 – Hasselfurth to Regensburg
What I’ve noticed is that camp sites are harder to find in Germany. So I’ve been consulting the great Google search and Yelp to figure out where to locate each of our campsites within a German city. Google Maps isn’t making it easier for us to tell. whether the location is a campsite or not.
Nothing change on the shopping front, unless you count my bike with new S&S couplers! More on that next week.
I did open up a Charles Schwab account. Now we can take money out without paying ATM fees. We are using one of Harry’s cards with no foreign transaction fees.
Here are the previous week’s update for your reference.