SOLD – April 2014
Hello there fellow cycling travelers! I am here today to let you guys know that I’m selling my Surly LHT. I’ve had the bike for about two years now, and I have enjoyed almost every moment on it. I am kinda of new to this whole touring thing, so I don’t have that much mileage on the Surly. I would say around 2k miles in total, maybe more. I lost track since a while back when I foolishly lost my Garmin Edge (so angry about it still). Perris Lake, Joshua Tree, Lake Cachuma and several trips around my home town and a couple of Ciclavia tours. These were the big events I’ve completed with the LHT. Now I am looking for another bike. I am not really sure what I want yet, but it will come to me. In the meantime, I’ll continue to give it the TLC needed for the next rider.
I’ve taken pretty good care of the bike. I have changed a couple of items, like the seatpost to something a little bit fancier because the original post was rubbish. I have also changed the brakes, not because the original was bad, but more for cosmetics. LHT also has a dynamo installed in the front wheel as you can see in the picture. I thought about keeping the dynamo, but I didn’t want to bother taking the wheel apart and rebuilding it again. I am sure someone will put it to good use. Lastly, the bike has new tires, a little larger than what the original tires were.
Everything on the bike is for sale, except for the Brooks saddle, for $950 OBO.
If you are interested, please contact me at email@example.com.
More detailed info is listed below.
Long Haul Trucker Specifications:
- Bike Size: 50cm
- Tubing: Surly 4130 CroMoly steel. Main triangle double-butted. TIG-welded
- Rear dropouts: Vertical, 135mm spaced
- Brake compatibility: Linear-pull or traditional cantilever
- Braze-ons: Upper bosses and dropout eyelets for racks front and rear, fender eyelets, chainstay spare spoke holder, pump peg, down tube lever bosses, 3 sets of H2O cage bosses, rear housing stop for canti brakes, housing stops for brakes and derailleurs
- Seatpost diameter: 27.2mm
- Seatpost clamp: custom post I bought a while back; included
- Headset: 1-1/8″ threadless
- Front Derailleur Clamp Diameter: 28.6mm
- Bottom bracket shell: 68mm wide, 1.37″ x 24t
- Chainring clearance: 42/53t double, 38/52/56t triple (max. tooth size)
- Wheel Size: 26 x 2.1″ with room for fenders
- Tire Size: brand new 26×1.50
- Fork: 4130 CroMoly, lugged and brazed, tapered curved blades with lowrider rack eyelets
- Color: Black
- Weight: 58cm frame = 2,340g (5.15 lb)
- Fork: uncut = 1,020g (2.25 lb)